An archive of documents and well-functioning work with it is the key to a healthy workflow in any organization. In this article, we will analyze the virtual data room functionality for archiving documents.
Virtual data room – a perfect solution for archiving sensitive data
An electronic document archive system is an information system for automating the management of an organization’s document archive. In a corporate electronic archive, you can store and process arrays of documents, both used in the daily work of the enterprise, and those that have already left the operational workflow.
Electronic archive information systems affect the productivity of employees working with documents by reducing the time required to process new incoming documents and search for documents already stored in the archive. In addition, the automation of the electronic archive helps the company’s employees independently and quickly get acquainted with corporate information at the workplace in electronic form. Another advantage of the electronic document archive system is the function of delimiting the access rights of personnel to different groups of documents.
Following https://datarooms.fr/, virtual data room is a multifunctional, cloud-based software that develops and implements an electronic document management system and automated electronic archive system taking into account the company’s business processes and the tasks that corporate information performs.
Data Room, as the document storage system in electronic form, provides the following functions:
- reliability of document storage;
- confidentiality and differentiation of access rights;
- tracking the history of document usage;
- convenience and speed of search.
Data room policies for migration of documents to the electronic archive
When a document is created, it is placed in the default storage of this type of document (for example, reports are located in the file storage, video clips are in the media data storage, and draft contracts are in the SQL server storage). For types of documents, the time the document is in online access is also configured; if the document has not been changed (or not viewed) for a certain period, it is transferred to the archive.
Mutual correspondence between operational and archive storage is set when the storage is created and can be changed. During its lifetime, a document can be manually moved to another storage, both online and archived. Using workflow allows you to regulate this process. For example, an employee’s statement after approval and signing is archived.
Data room archive has the following functions:
- joint storage in the archive of both electronic and scanned documents;
- the customizable tree structure of folders for storing documents;
- storage of information about the document in the form of a card with the necessary details;
- constructors of document cards, document states, and role model access.
- Storage of documents files attached to the card of any format, one or more.
- Document versioning support.
- Restricting users’ access to documents according to their accounts, membership in groups, and executable roles.
- Means of searching and forming samples of documents by any combination of attributes of registration cards.
- Attribute and full-text document search.
Through the use of a data room, the content of various storage requirements can be managed from a single system. Due to this, there is no need to use additional tools for archival storage of documents, for storing large documents, etc.
Reducing the amount of operational data and the time it takes to recover a system after a failure allows you to increase the scalability of the system, i.e. an increase in the total volume of corporate data over time will not lead to a decrease in the speed of the system.